Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We're home!



I'm going to make this as short a posting as I can. I could get really carried away, blogging about my delivery, hospital stay, and past three days at home....it's all been wonderful! Mark and I are SO enjoying our James and feel like God has blessed us immensely with our son. We love to watch him sleep and squirm, and I can't get enough of the little guy. Here our some brief stats on him: born Friday, September 19th at 4:57pm. 7lbs, 10oz. 20.5 inches long. He's feeding really well and already gaining a little of his weight back! Received a healthy report yesterday at his first dr. appointment!

Here are a few things I never thought I'd be so excited about:
  • sleeping a whole two hours in a row (the lack of sleep has actually been quite easy to handle)
  • laying on my tummy again (yay! it's been a long time!)
  • little baby bowel movements (who knew poop would be so thrilling...we're so proud of him when he has a dirty diaper because we know it means he's digesting really well...wet diapers are great, too!)
Last night Mark's mom spent the night with us to help us get a little more sleep. It has been awesome to have the extra hands (and experience) around the house. Today we're planning on giving James another washcloth bath...he doesn't love them yet. I'm trying not to post a million pictures. I've limited it to 15, instead of 60, like I'm tempted to do. Thanks to everybody who has helped out, visited, and shared meals! We appreciate you all!

7 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Oh wow! I was soooo excited to see you updated! He's so, so, so adorable! I have tears in my eyes b/c he's so cute and I love him! Give him a kiss for me! I'm so glad things are going well and I'm glad he's feeding well and pooping :) Love you all so much and LOVED the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily! It's Katie Eck (Rachel and Brandon's "sis"). Hope you don't mind if I sneak a lil' peak at your blog. I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your baby boy! As a mom of two boys, I can tell you that they are so much fun! Enjoy! He's a cutie! :)

Erika said...

CONGRATS Mark and Emily!!! Those first few months are crazy yet so memorable!!

Leah said...

Please! I would have liked to see 120 pictures of this little guy!! He is absolutely p-r-e-c-i-o-u-s!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Baby James! I miss you so much! Your pictures are absolutely adorable--you totally look like you're smiling in a couple of them! What a sweet, sweet baby! Auntie Gail

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your newest blessing! Have a great time on this journey...it's going to be sooo rewarding!

Shannon said...

Congratulations Emily! I have to say that I too was amazed what 2 hours of sleep could do for me... I felt like wonder woman! I was also so excited to lay on my tummy again! He is precious!