
I actually claimed that this was the best thing I'd ever eaten on Wednesday evening. I think I may just love garlic
that much...and I was really hungry. This is a recipe adapted from my Taste of Home cookbook. I started with sauteeing three chopped large cloves of garlic (I didn't use my garlic press this time...it may have made a difference) in a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Once the garlic was turning a golden color, I added 1/2tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1tsp oregano, 1tsp parsley, and a dash of salt. Then I added five peeled tomatoes (I had blanched them first), diced up--seeds, juice, and all. It was

drizzly outside, so Mark went to pick some fresh basil from the garden for me (that's true love) so I wouldn't have to get wet. I sliced up six leaves thinly and tossed in with the bubbling sauce. I had some extra tomato paste in a can in the fridge from beef stroganoff we had the night before. I added about 1.5 tablespoons to the sauce and stirred it it. It made it the
perfect consistency. Just a little thicker. I served it over egg noodles, because that's what I had boiled up for Mark's beef stroganoff leftovers. I loved this sauce! If you love a garlicky tomato sauce, you will, too!
2 comments:
You have no idea how happy you have made me. I've been trying to find a good pasta sauce recipe for a long time. I am going to try this one! Garlic, tomatoes...mmm.
Looks amazing--I have to try it. See you soon! Gail
Post a Comment