Sunday, September 28, 2008

One week at home...



...and we're doing pretty well! I'm including several pictures of some of James' 'firsts' this week, as well as some of our visitors we've had in the past two days.

James went on his first walk Thursday. We just strolled around the block. He liked it a lot and fell right asleep! He's also 'played' on his blanket on the floor a little bit each day, some on his back and some on his tummy. He feels most comfortable on his tummy if he's on Mark's tummy.

My brother Joel and his wife Elizabeth flew into town to meet their new nephew and my other brother Jeff and his girlfriend Anna drove into town, too. My grandparents were also in town, so we had a big 'party' for James' first week 'birthday' on Friday evening. He was passed around a lot and loved on plenty! We were a little afraid that Joel and Liz would kidnap him on their flight home, actually! :)

Saturday we were visited by my cousin and her fiance, as well as friends Brian & Andrea and Jenny. My siblings, parents, and grandparents came and went throughout the day and we ended the evening with a visit from our dear neighbors! They loved James, too, and told him he can come over and get a popsicle from their freezer as soon as he's big enough. They have two little granddaughters of their own that they just love to spoil!

Today was his first trip to church. He sat with us the whole time and really liked the music. He was a very popular little guy and made several new friends. After such a busy weekend, we're looking forward to a little rest. Tomorrow will be Mark's first day back to work, so it'll just be the two of us! We're so thankful that we've had two good nights in a row. He's had at least two stretches of 4 hours between feedings, which has allowed Mark and I to sleep pretty well...it makes a world of a difference!

Thanks for keeping up with us!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So cute! What a happy little family you are! I love it!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Oh yea! New pics!!!!! He is even cuter now! I love that he has his eyes open in some of them too!!!

I'm glad you got out for church today! And I'm super excited that he's been sleeping for 4 hour stretches, I bet that feel absolutely glorious!

Love you all!

D

Anonymous said...

M-M- and J----I love your photos. It is so hard not to be next door. We would be spoiling that little boy. Can't wait to see you again.

Aunt Shari