Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving #1

It's always such fun to have the whole family together!
In an effort to communicate more, James says, 'oh!' and points excitedly at EVERYTHING lately (dog, tree, truck, food...)
James loves Duncan and was hoping he would share his ball with him.
Duncan was a good sport and let James have it, hoping to play a game, I think. This picture makes it seem like James has quite an arm, huh? Well, I'm pretty sure the ball didn't go more than a foot or so.
I thought this picture was so cute. My dad is a cyclist....that's why he's wearing spandex.
Our friend Natasha introduced us to an outstanding turkey rub recipe, in case anybody is interested. Between that and brining the turkey a day in advance and roasted garlic in the mashed potatoes, we're slowly but surely 'perfecting' Thanksgiving dinner!
An annual occurrence at our Thanksgiving is celebrating Joel's birthday--Happy Birthday, bro! We fished around and actually found a 2 and 5 candle...just perfect! We stuck them in a pie I made....Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie...I may do another post on that pie sometime soon...
Just too sweet not to post...James just doesn't usually stand still long enough for a hug...glad I caught him loving on his Aunt Elizabeth!
Family photo!! It's been a long while since we've had a good picture all together. Next year we'll have a new baby girl to add to the photo! (can you tell how excited I am about my little niece arriving in February?)

1 comment:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

LOVE the pictures! Especially the ones of duncan and James and E and James! So cute!!! I'm glad you were all able to get together!

I LOVE that James will have a cousin soon...cousins are nice to have :)