Monday, October 12, 2009

Back in Business!



Woo-hoo and thanks Mark, my in-laws, and parents for the new camera! Mark picked out a Ca*non Rebel XSi (I think) for my birthday and I am loving it so far. I have a lot of re-learnin' to do, though. I took photography in high school but have forgotten so many of the basics after using 'point-and-shoots' for the last ten years....TEN YEARS?! A decade?! I turned 28 last week. No, it doesn't really feel any different.

Back to the photos...these were all taken with the automatic settings and I think it does a great job...I'm excited to do a little more research and take some more artsy pictures, too!

It's been two weeks since I posted last. We've been to two weddings (congrats Jenny and Drew, Warren and Casie), Mark painted the basement, I started using cloth diapers (that deserves its own post, really), made some fun treats I've been dying to try for a year (cupcake pops), and found out I'm going to have a niece!! My brother Joel and his wife Elizabeth are due in February! I'll include more details and photos later...

6 comments:

Marie said...

I love your new blog look too! It's very, very cute! Oh Em trust me I am really devastated that I can't come to the pumpkin party. :( I may just have to throw a Christmas party this year to compensate!!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I want to hear about cupcake pops!

And I love the pictures!

Andrea said...

That is the cutest picture of you and Mark. Why do we not take pictures like that all the time with our husbands! I bet we love them more now than when we were giddy dating girls! It's just too cute! And, we need to have a chrismas party. I wouldn't mind hosting if people would help plan and bring stuff!!! I'll pass that along to marie. But gee...who would we invite....really. I feel like everyone has moved away.

Gail said...

I'm so excited about your new camera, LOVE the picture of you and Mark looking so in love, think I have the cutest nephew EVER, am excited to hear what you think of the new diapers, am so happy for Joel and Liz, and MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! Whew...that was a lot to comment on! Hope to see you soon, sis!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you got a new camera! I've missed your posts...especially the food ones! I'm with Marie, I'm devastated that I can't come to the pumpkin party! If you guys come up for something around Christmas I'll be coming up for about a week :) (hint hint)

Jen W.

Heather said...

Holy cow! You have been busy! Glad you had a fun birthday and are enjoying your fabulous camera! How fun!