Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes

I'm not including the recipe here (although I do love our pancake recipe), but rather sharing James' first pancake experience through photos. It was a huge hit! You don't see pancakes on his tray because he ate his little bits faster than we could produce them! I felt inspired after visiting a friend over the weekend who has been feeding her own daughter blueberry pancakes. Not sure I was prepared for the mess, though! Maybe next time we'll try banana pancakes. (cue the Jack John*son song....)
"what's this purple stuff stuck to my fingers?"
This was the very first time --EVER--that James turned down the majority of his bedtime bottle. He was so jam-packed-full with pancakes he couldn't squeeze in another drop! We'll have to work on pancake moderation...

I feel a recipe post coming on. I've been taking photos of food for the last couple of months and I'm armed and ready with a lot of new yummy dishes, breads, and desserts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute Emily! It's fun to see how he is growing and exploring new first for so many things!
I'm getting ready to make pumpkin bread- a recipe from Gail form Lindsey- it's yummy!Love-Mom H.

Heather said...

Yes, they are MESSY! I usually strip K down to her diaper for Blueberry pancakes. And she too inhales them! Today I just made her plain pancakes and she liked them just as much. I don't know what it is about kids and carbs but they LOVE them! Can't wait for the recipe blogs!
PS Did you know Pioneer Woman is doing a book signing in November in KC??

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Yummy! Well I'd prefer the banana ones b/c I hate blueberries but pancakes sound pretty good right now.

by the way, the Tias made me pancakes my first morning in Bolivia!

Unknown said...

He looks so happy....a new foodie is born :) Now I'm going to have to make blueberry pancakes!!! Did you use that recipe I tried from allrecipes.com?
jenny w.

Erika said...

Bring on those recipes! You always have GREAT ones, and I usually try one. :)