Monday, August 3, 2009

James and the *Giant* Peach

I must give credit to my mom for the idea. She was peeling and freezing peaches and peach pies this afternoon when we visited her. I diced up a peach to mix with his plain yogurt. She called him 'J*mes and the Giant Peach', and I thought it would be cute to get a photo. And then take it away from him. James had something different in mind. Before we finished taking photos, we noticed dents in the very ripe peach and juice running down his arms and all over the tray. He proceeded to munch on the peach, peel and all. It may not have been very 'giant', but it was delicious, indeed!


I feel inspired to check out the book and read it. I somehow made it through elementary school without reading J*mes and the Giant Peach! Any personal book reviews?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

James looks like he's loving that peach! I have not heard of the book-will have to ask Sharon-she's my kids book expert.
Looking forward to being with you this weekend. Love-Mom H.

Marie said...

It's actually sort of depressing. It's about a boy that lives a horrible life with these wretched aunts and runs away to live in a peach with a grasshopper, spider and some other insect. Road Dahl has some weird books.

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Haha, love the pictures...so cute!

Hated the book...