James is seven months old now. I wanted to take his picture sitting up next t0 Ricky the Raccoon to commemorate this 'birthday'. It took three times as many tries as what I've posted here to get him and Ricky facing me...phew!
'Oh, you wanted him to be sitting up next to me?...oops'
'Let's see here.....I'd better check things out....eyes, nose, mouth....yep, they're all there'
'I'm getting very bored. Hmm...I want to play with that toy.'
Finally, a video to finish things off. The other night we had sticky rice with some kung pao chicken I'd made. In order to buy a few extra minutes without him getting fussy for more asparagus puree and yogurt (which he'd already finished), we thought we'd let him experiment with sticky rice. This is really his first attempt to self-feed. I'm sure he didn't eat more than three or four grains of rice. You just should have seen him afterward. Covered in rice.
On another note, James has slept all the way through the night (well, til 6:00 or 6:30) the past few nights. This is major news!! I'm trying not to have t0o high of expectations...but wouldn't it be great if he kept it up?
Finally, a video to finish things off. The other night we had sticky rice with some kung pao chicken I'd made. In order to buy a few extra minutes without him getting fussy for more asparagus puree and yogurt (which he'd already finished), we thought we'd let him experiment with sticky rice. This is really his first attempt to self-feed. I'm sure he didn't eat more than three or four grains of rice. You just should have seen him afterward. Covered in rice.
5 comments:
It's so much fun watching James grow.It's like Ricky is shrinking before our eyes! It brings back many special memories of Mark when he was young with his beloved Ricky!
Good job, James!
He cannot possibly be 7 months old now! Wow... He's so cute sitting up with Ricky!
Great post! My favorite part was the video - so cute! I also loved it that you were quietly laughing on the video. :)
This skill looks familiar. We work on some of these fine motor skills daily in my classroom. James is doing great and is "Ahead of the game". We miss him!!! Frey's
Post a Comment