Monday, March 16, 2009
Avocados...What do you think?
It's week two in feeding James solids. Over the weekend, I read my friend's post about freezing avocado slices and got pretty excited about it. I picked up two avocados at the grocery store and mashed up a slice for James' lunch, freezing the rest of the slices, after 'bathing' them in limewater. I'm just not sure what to do. James had tasted avocado before and seemed to love it. Today he liked the first bite, but then acted grossed out for the rest of the meal (his slices today had not been in the limewater). Watch the video below and let me know what you think in the 'comment' section. Should I stick with it? Would it help if I mixed it with another pureed food? I had thinned it out with some watery rice cereal, which he does like. I guess it's probably a good thing to try it a few days in a row. Maybe he was just too used to the cereal?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Um...I don't think they're his favorite, but maybe try again. Pretty cute video, though! I'm in CO at Summit and got to talk to your bro a bit today--what a great guy! Love you--Gail
hmmm...well I'm not sure how watery it was, but K is like that sometimes when I don't get things thin enough, she kinda gags on it. Try adding some breast milk or water until it is really runny. Or just add a little squash or apple or pear to change the flavor. It could be that he is just getting use to a new flavor...I have no idea - maybe he just doesn't love the avocado. K will eat his leftovers - she's a little pig. LOL
Oh my goodness. Brian and I both laughed out loud watching this video! I can't believe you weren't cracking up at the faces he was making! Too cute!
Haha! He didn't spit it out...after reading your post I figured he would have spit it out! I say try again a few more times...and if he still acts like he hates them or they're the wrong consistency for him that's okay - cause later in life he'll learn to love avocado in any form...especially guacamole...yummy!
Okay, that was hilarious! Maybe it's the lime juice you added that he doesn't care for! It could make it taste kind of sour. Love, Mom (K)
Keep trying. He'll get used to it. I used to quickly shove the veggie in and chase it down with a bite of fruit.
Hi Emily!
That is the same face that Truett makes when he's really struggling with a texture. I second Correnta on adding some liquid to it. Not sure if you have the book or not but Super Baby Food is an excellent resource for homemade baby food. I would definitely stick with it! Avo is so rich in nutrients. It's still one of Truett's favorites - but he won't eat it unless it's the right texture. :)
My personal opinion is start him out with mcdonalds french fries....forget those greens!!! Dip the fries in green ketchup or something. Actually this aunt never liked her vegetables but has now acquired a taste for even brussel sprouts
Love- Aunt Shari
Post a Comment