Friday, February 27, 2009

23 Weeks and Under the Weather


He doesn't look too bad for a baby with a nasty cold...poor little guy. Today we had our second visit to the doctor this week. After days of a stuffy, drippy nose , a low-grade fever, and a terrible coughing fit this morning we went back this morning and he had several tests done; blood work, x-rays and all! He was actually a little champ and didn't cry a bit. He tested positive for RSV, which is, from what I understand, a really bad cold, instead of just a cold, pretty common and contagious. They ruled out pneumonia, though, which is a blessing! But all I can do is try to keep him comfortable and as 'upright' as possible. He's still pretty perky and playful. Hopefully Mark will avoid the cold. I haven't been so fortunate, catching it yesterday morning. Yucky!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em---Sorry James is sick. I remember those days of having sick little ones. It isn't fun, especially at night. We spent many a night in the bathroom trying to get it as hot and steamy as possible for all three of ours. Then we went through inhalers-etc... I will keep James in my prayers that he will get healthy quickly for springtime weather.

Shari

Andrea said...

oh em...I'm sorry!!!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Ugg! I'm so sorry you're BOTH sick...but I'm glad that he's still relatively happy considering how sick he is - and I'm glad you took him back to the dr. Is he on any antibiotics or anything? I'll be praying for him! - and you...and that Mark doesn't get sick too!

Ryan Dieker said...

Poor Baby James! Noah had RSV last winter, it's stinky. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon! I can't believe he didn't cry at the x-rays, Noah screamed like a crazy man. It was heartbreaking.