Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

This past week was another fun one, filled with more time with family, friends, and 'firsts' for James!
I had my own 'first' on Monday night. My parents took us to eat sushi! I honestly wasn't crazy about everything I tried, but really liked anything that had shrimp or tempura shrimp in the middle. Some of the textures weren't my favorite, but others I liked. My sister-in-law Elizabeth is 'sushi savvy' and gave me a few pointers on eating it. I actually really liked the pickled ginger they give you to 'cleanse' your palate.
At the end of it all, I was still a little hungry, so we picked up Oklahoma Joe's french fries on the way home...aaah, comfort food. And I'm sure a major no-no following sushi!

Sushi is really beautiful. Look at the colors and presentation! They aren't messin' around...I think we tried six different things...maybe eight, in addition to some outstanding shrimp and ahi tuna appetizers.





It was fun catching up with friends on New Year's Eve, as well as New Year's day. Here are a few high school friends of mine that were over on the first. Ooh, I tried a cheese fondue recipe that was really yummy. If you have a fondue pot and want the recipe, let me know!


James' first time in his exer-saucer. It's hard to believe he's already ready for this thing! We tried it no a whim and he loves it! He'll love it more when he can hold himself up a little better. He hold his head steady, but leans on the edges of the seat. He spend a good twenty minutes in it before he got tired of it! You wouldn't believe how thrilling it is to see him discover new things...we are just having a blast with him!







Tummy time is getting easier...and this past week he rolled over for the first time. He was on his tummy, I turned away for a minute, and when I looked at him next, *poof*, he was on his back! He had a look of confusion on his face, How did I do that? He hasn't done again since then! :)

His 15 Week picture! A friend of ours decorated this t-shirt, and I just love it.
We also tried out the hand-me-down Johnny Jump-Up in a doorway between the entry hall and living room. We tried this one before the excer-saucer, actually. Hilarious. He looked SO proud to be standing up on his own. He's not really jumping yet...just standing there.

I just love how he's staring at Mark's mouth in this picture...trying to figure out how talking works! James loves his daddy.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, those are some cute pictures of James! Did you swipe those sushi pics from my facebook? Mom

Marie said...

Gushing........
He's just so darn cute!
P.S. I think you look GREAT!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

wow...I think this is my favorite post yet - except maybe the announcement of his birth! Those exersaucer things are so cool! I'm glad he likes it! He's so big...and so adorable. I'm so glad I finally got to meet him. I just wish I could see him more often. I'm so glad you're keeping this blog!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

oh and he rolled over! that's sooooo cool!

Anonymous said...

James is really growing up so fast, Emily!! I love your posting of pictures and enjoy watching your little man grow.

Gail said...

Oh...I'm so happy to see all these great pictures! James is such a big boy in the exersaucer and johnny jump up! I'm so proud of my nephew! Love ya!

Erika said...

M and E, your baby is beautiful! I love staying caught up on your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah for trying sushi! I dont like just fish on rice but I love rolls. My favorite is the philadelphia. Cream cheese, salmon, avocado, cucumber, and I think carrots even. Yum! Be adventerous, you will love it!

Unknown said...

I tell you sushi will eventually become addicting! I wasn't crazy about it the first time I had it and then I tried it again a few months ago and I'm hooked. Dragon rolls with mango on top and cream cheese and avacado and tuna (ok I'm not actually an expert...there could be other stuff in there :) ). Those are great.